Mai&Co LLC PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
- Information We Collect
- Using Information We Collect
- Sharing Information We Collect
- International Users
- Your Decisions on Receiving Marketing Communications
- Children’s Privacy
- Mobile Location Analytics Data
- Use of Our Wi-Fi Network
- Links to Other Sites
- California Privacy Rights / Questions or Comments
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, gender, birthday, and product preferences when engaging in any of the activities listed below:
- Place an order from our website
- Make a purchase at one of our retail shops
- Return an item or make an exchange from a previous purchase
- Inquire about our services
- Receive a gift package
- Create an account (profile) at ShopMaiCo.com
- Subscribe to receive our emails
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes
- Are referred to us through a marketing promotion
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion, or event
- Participate in Mai&Co social media including ratings & reviews and stories
For visitors who upload, post, e-mail or otherwise make available data, text, photographs, graphics, images, software, music, sound, videos, messages or other materials (“Content”) on or to ShopMaiCo.com; through our hashtags (such as #MaiCo, #ShopMaiCo, #MaiandCompany); any other website, microsite or any other internet property owned, operated or sponsored by Mai&Co (collectively “Mai&Co Sites”), you agree to and acknowledge (1) our Community Content Policy found at www.shopmaico.com/community-content, (2) our use of your Content; (3) You are at least thirteen (13) years of age; and (4) we collect information you provide, including but not limited to your first and last name, email address and any additional personal information submitted with the Content. We maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases you make. We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from our joint marketing partners, from unrelated third parties, and from our other brands.
USING INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To provide you with the best possible customer experience, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
- To enhance your shopping experience
- To analyze trends and statistics
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business
- To contact you
- To improve our merchandise selection and customer service
You have the option not to receive marketing information or calls. For instructions on opting out, please see the section entitled, “Your Decisions on Receiving Marketing Communications”, below.
SHARING INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- We may share your information when we partner with another company in a joint marketing program to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers. We also work with third party companies that use tracking technologies (including cookies and tags) on our website in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit http://www.aboutads.info. Except for sharing this information with a joint marketing partner, we do not sell or lease your information to any third party to use for marketing their products.
- We may share information about you, if necessary, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the rights of Mai&Co or others.
- If you purchase Mai&Co products through our website or by placing a catalog order by phone or mail, we may share your name, postal address, and shopping history with like-minded organizations whose privacy policies meet the Direct Marketing Association’s privacy standards, for their direct mail marketing purposes.
Our products and services are available exclusively in the U.S. and we control and operate this Site in the U.S. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Site, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, including the U.S., which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
YOUR DECISIONS ON RECEIVING MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
You can review your personal information at any time. To access your personal information online, simply click Your Account at the top of any web page, sign in when prompted. You can update your personal information, by calling Guest Services at 1-775-538-6723. We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. Mai&Co provides a choice in communication for customers so you can receive information from us at your discretion. We communicate with our customers by promotional email, mailings (postal) and telephone. If you would like to be removed from our promotional email, mailings (postal) or telephone lists, please contact us by calling Guest Services at 775-538-6723 or by sending an email to email@example.com
You may also write to us at:
Mai&Co Guest Services
401 Ryland St, Suite 200-A
Reno, Nevada 89502
Please specify from which list(s) ? “Do Not Email”, “Do Not Mail”, or “Do Not Call” ? you would like to be removed from. Please note that requests by email or phone may take up to ten business days to process and request by mail (postal) may take up to six to eight weeks to process.
Alternatively, if you do not want to receive promotional emails (i.e. not order-related) that notify you of new product arrivals, exclusive offers, upcoming events, store openings and the like, simply click the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of any Mai&Co email. Please note, however, that this is for email only.
We regularly use browser tracking cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a website. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a website or web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
Recognize you when you return to our website
Keep track of your order as you shop on our website and remember what items are in your My Tote
Process your order on our website and enable you to use Express Checkout, if you have created an account at ShopMai&Co.com
Study how our Guests navigate through our website and which products they request in site searches
Customize the message and delivery of online banner ads based on your online behavior.
Cookies are also used to review how visitors to our website navigate our site or interact with our email advertising. Third-party companies assist in the collection and analysis of this data. Your name, street address or credit card number is not accessed by or shared with other companies.
We do our best to provide you with a safe shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
When you enter your personal information on our websites, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from “http” to “https”.
If for any reason you cannot access the secure server, or if you’re not quite comfortable shopping online at any of our websites, please feel free to place your order with us through Guest Services at 1-755-538-6723
Identity thieves sometimes send fraudulent email messages to trick customers into divulging personal or financial information (a practice known as “phishing”). “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email. If you have received or entered personal information in response to a suspicious email, pop-up or phony website claiming to be affiliated with Mai&Co, please call us at 1-755-538-6723 immediately.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. Our website is a general audience site. We do not collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is targeted to attract anyone under 13. We also do not send email correspondence to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13 without their parent’s consent. Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before providing any personal information to anyone online. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their children’s online activities and use parental control or other web filtering technology to supervise children’s access to the web.
MOBILE LOCATION ANALYTICS DATA
We may use tracking technology to collect certain information about your Wi-Fi enabled mobile device, including the presence of the device in our stores, its signal strength, its manufacturer, and a unique identifier known as its Media Access Control (“MAC”) address (collectively, “Customer Mobile Device Data”). This Customer Mobile Device Data may be collected for the purpose of determining the amount, location and frequency of customer traffic into our stores. A mobile device’s MAC address identifies a specific device to the surrounding Wi-Fi networks. The MAC address does not disclose the identity or any other personal data of the mobile device user. You may opt-out of having your MAC address recorded by visiting the following link and entering your mobile device’s MAC address: https://optout.smart-places.org. To learn more about the use of Customer Mobile Device Data and your choices, please visit: http://smart-places.org.
USE OF OUR WI-FI NETWORK
When you access our Wi-Fi, you may register with one of our service providers. Our service providers(s) may use your information to help them understand how groups of people behave, to help them and/or us provide you with a customized shopping experience, and to provide advertising of their or other third party products or services. In particular, our service provider(s) collects information that is broadcast by Wi-Fi enabled devices as well as other data from devices (e.g., web viewing and application use data, device type, device identifier, IP address (we call this other data ‘Activity Information”): (a) to create aggregated reports for their retail partners (like us) to help improve store operations and other business purposes; and (b) to allow them and/or retailers (like us) to engage directly with their visitors through Wi-Fi. Upon registration, our service provider(s) may combine information that you provide upon registration with data that they previously collected while providing services to us (dating back to July 19, 2016). Our service provider(s) collect Activity Information online and in mobile apps over time and across devices to deliver advertisements our service provider(s) think are relevant to you online, in mobile apps, and across various devices associated with you. To learn more about this activity and your choices about it, visit http://geteuclid.com/about/privacy-statement/.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Occasionally we provide links on our website to other sites we think you will enjoy. These sites operate independently of us and have established their own privacy and security policies. For the best online experience, we strongly encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit. We are not responsible for the content or practices of any linked websites which are provided solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS / QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of California the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for the direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To make such a request, or for any other questions or comments please feel free to contact us at the following address:
401 Ryland St, Suite 200-A
Reno, Nevada 89502
Effective: December 3, 2018